Thursday, June 19, 2008

Widow House

There is a cricket in our unfinished backyard that has been annoying for the past few weeks and I decided that mowing down all of the weeds would drive him away. (To no avail, he lives!!)

Anyway, while clearing away the foliage (Weeds) in the yard, I saw the biggest black widow ever known to man. Seriously, the thing's opisthosoma (Its arse) was the size of a penny extruded into a sphere. HUGE!! I tried to kill it, but it ran down into the drain pipe that is connected to one of our gutter downspouts. While sealing up the connection with black duct tape as to trap the beast in the drainage system, I saw just a few feet away the second biggest widow know to man.

Being the grown up I am, I found some of Chelsey's Tupperware and caught it for pictures. When I first put the penny in, the thing actually attacked it. Glad it wasn't my finger!!

3 comments:

THE HAGES said...

You need pest control! I just saw a show on how deadly Black Widows are. I am scared for you guys!

Tiffani said...

Not one, but two, scary!! You are brave and kind of stupid for catching it but you did it for the good of the blog...good work!

Carrie S. said...

Happy birthday and ew.

Free Blog Counter